Summer Squash Casserole Recipe
• 4 cups yellow squash sliced
• 1 yellow onion diced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 8 ounces sour cream
• 1 - 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
• Seasoned croutons
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Lightly grease (butter) a 9x9 baking pan or casserole dish.
• Slice summer squash and onions. Put in a pot with enough water to par boil onions and squash. About 8 minutes. (till tender) Drain.
• Mix sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper.
• Add the cooked squash to the sour cream and soup mixture. Mix.
• Place a layer of crushed croutons in to the bottom of the prepare baking dish.
• Pour the creamy squash mixture into the prepared baking pan.
• Sprinkle crushed croutons over the top of the squash mixture.
• Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 25- 30 minutes.
• Serve hot